Taking the next step to become an Association Umpire ("League Umpire") involves the following:
- Successful Completion of Community Umpire Program as a prerequisite or demonstration of existing experience in umpiring baseball,
- Reading the materials in the Assocation Umpire accreditation manual,
- 6 hours of Instructor led training on baseball rules and interpretations,
- 6 hours of Practical Instruction based on the Two-Umpire System,
- Achieve a minimum score of 70% in the Association Umpire theory exam,
- Be assessed as competent in two games by a qualified umpire assessor,
- Sign the Umpires Code of Conduct,
- Sign the Member Protection Declaration, and
- Regsitered in the national database (i.e. SportsTG database)
The cost for this program is $50 and includes a digital copy of the 2017 Official Baseball Rules. In addition, you may choose to purchase a pocket-sized printed version of the rule book for $25 which will include rule updates over the next two seasons.
You can access a sample of the first few pages of this Handbook here which outlines:
- Areas coverd by the Handbook,
- Requirements of the program, and
- How to maintain your accreditation.
To get started or if you have any questions, please contact the State Director of Umpiring.
<< Previous accreditation level (Community) << >> Next accreditation level (State) >>